White warmth ... when cool hues warm the heart and soul

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Serendipity

No, not white, but pink ... not a usual choice for me these days. But as I roamed through a local antique shop on a rainy afternoon recently and spotted this vintage galvanized steel milk box, chippy and oh-so-pink, I was completely charmed! I envisioned a woman in a ruffled apron, decades ago, happily painting her milk box to add cheer to her small covered porch. It was on sale and I really had to have it.


Though I loved it, still I thought to myself, "If only it were blue..."

Two days later, I curiously went online to price-check these lovely old boxes, and lo and behold, what did I see....?



Only one blue milk box on all the Web, and there it was, waiting for me!

Ah, serendipity and simple pleasures ... reason to smile.

2 comments:

  1. I have such fond memories of these old galvanized milk boxes and these painted ones are so charming! Lovely finds. Ours sat on the porch just waiting for French Uncle to deliver the milk fresh from his dairy farm. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember them, too, Roberta (only ours was unpainted). Thanks for your comment... in my usual way, it takes me ages to get back here!

      Delete